Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Don't Fence Me In 30K: Heaven and Hell

Beautiful trail, sunny day, great cause.  I know these trails well and was enjoying the heck out of myself.  The total elevation gain is over 4,000 feet.  At about Mile 16, my head popped off.  ha-ha.  I was starting to pick up my pace to make my goal time.  Then, I realized that my "running math" was wrong - as usual.  It is almost impossible for me to add, subtract and mutilple after I have been running for a few hours.  The brain just doesn't compute.  When I knew I wasn't going to make my goal, I got pissed.  Then I was running and swearing until the end!  I hate it when that happens!!  I got over it when I learned that the true distance WAS printed on the map and I was the one who read it wrong. 

The photo is from the race.

No comments: